Maldonado-Burkett, LLP is a Texas based Engineering firm with an immediate opening in the Atlanta, Georgia area for an ITS/Traffic Design Professional Engineer. Duties will include Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design, Traffic Signal design, roadway
illumination design, MUTCD signing designs, and other traffic items.
As an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)/Traffic Design Professional Engineer you will be responsible or support a variety of projects including traffic signal design and operations, ITS design, operations, communications, planning, traffic engineering
studies, safety studies and other related traffic and other related transportation projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead/manage design and delivery of engineering plans for highway and arterial traffic signal/illumination/ITS projects including the development of specifications and estimates, technical documentation, and progress reporting.
- Follow relevant state and national design standards.
- Review field conditions relevant to construction of design elements.
- Identify and recommend solutions to engineering problems utilizing prior experience, literature review and product research.
- Effectively manage assigned projects/tasks and be in responsible charge of task activities and schedule.
- Assignments may require occasional travel and/or overnight stays.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an EAC/ABET accredited college.
Professional Engineering (PE) license in Georgia.
Five (5) years or more of related work experience (measured as active engineering work after receiving license).
Valid Driver's License.
Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects and deliver work in a timely manner with accurate results.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Time management skills.
Strong work ethic.
Attention to detail.
Valid Driver's License.
Mentor/train junior staff.
Knowledge of current desktop technologies and communications software including Windows, serial communications and TCP/IP concept.
Knowledge in PASSER 5, VISSIM and CORSIM preferred.
Working knowledge of CAD - MicroStation.
M-B is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Women, minorities, people with
disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.