Manage continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, tooling design, product packaging and plant layouts to reduce operating costs and improve equipment in the utilization and process throughput. Develop and utilize fabrication and assembly methods and standards to determine capital returns on investment and optimized product sourcing. Manage and mentor manufacturing technicians. Oversee troubleshooting and eliminate problems during tooling or equipment start-up and life cycle.
· Manage and oversee manufacturing engineering activities for division’s products.
· Provide manufacturing and facility engineering support through project and capital program management. Facilitate project reviews to communicate progress. Update capital expenditure report. Support product engineering through concurrent engineering practices.
· Lead manufacturing process and tooling regarding engineering efforts from concept through implementation, which address employee safety, ergonomics, ease of use, productivity, process capability, manufacturing throughput, and product quality. Support the safety committee and other team efforts through technical consultation.
· Manage the environmental programs required to achieve compliance with all applicable regulations.
· Lead the design and application of finished product packaging that optimizes customer requirements against employee safety and productivity.
· Manage the development or revision of product routers, labor standards, plasma table press brake, and robot programs as part of the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process, or as required.
· Continuously evaluate methods, material handling equipment, machinery, tooling, material components, and work environment to develop and implement health, safety, ergonomic and throughput improvements and/or cost reductions.
· Provide technical support and guidance to maintenance department.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Maintain regular attendance.
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related area.
· Minimum of five (5) years engineering, project management and supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment; and three (3) years’ experience in tooling design.
· Transportation industry experience with knowledge of GMAW welding, robotics, and CNC programming highly desire.
· Familiar with lean manufacturing principles including: 5S, theory of constraints, and visual factory.
· Results-oriented individual to get involved with manufacturing/fabrication and execution of engineering designs.
· Must possess strong analytical skills with ability to prioritize, plan; and execute multiple responsibilities, projects and activities.
· Good communication and leadership skills in a team-oriented environment.
· Computer literate using windows-based software.
· Occasion travel required.
· Must be able to remain stationary position constantly.
· Occasionally need to move about inside office designated area.
· Frequently exposed to office designated area.
· Frequent exposure to loud noises.
· Innovative, Excitement and Persuasive needed.
· Attention to Detail,
· Managing Projects or Programs,
· Stress Tolerance,
· and Safety Focus.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Hendrickson is the leading global manufacturer and supplier of medium- and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric and air suspensions; integrated and non-integrated axle systems; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; stabilizers; and bumper and trim components to the global commercial transportation industry.