PEARCE is the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom and network infrastructure, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), EV charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1800 team members operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique locations nationwide, Pearce provides a comprehensive service experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and renewable energy assets maintenance, repair, and repowering. Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. Learn more about Pearce Services at www.Pearce-Services.comandwww.Pearce-Renewables.com.
Pearce seeks talented and motivated candidates for a Senior Structural Engineer role supporting utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. The selected candidate will engage with Pearce's civil, structural, and electrical design teams and our clients to provide innovative, forward-thinking design solutions to facilitate solar project development, design, and construction.
• Develop PV structural engineering plans, details, and calculations that are complete, accurate, and under Local, State, and Federal engineering practices.
• Work closely with clients to understand structural design expectations relating to site topography, grading, hydrology, and Geotech, and identify the best feasible solution(s), keeping integrity and compliance of the PV mounting systems in mind.
• Review design computations, plans, and specifications for constructability, safety, and risk management considerations for either internal design teams or external clients, when appropriate, and recommend alterations to design features to improve quality.
• Complete structural analysis and provide calculation packages for building structures and solar mounting systems such as residential roofs, commercial roofs, ground mounts, solar canopies, and other miscellaneous structures, including pitched roofs, flat roofs, ground mounts, and solar canopy/carports.
• Perform on-site structural inspections as and when needed.
• Generate required structural detailed analysis documentation for AHJ review and approval of solar permits
• Work closely with and guide engineering teams on structural engineering issues and maintain a value engineering mindset throughout the process.
• Support marketing, sales, and business development activities within the assigned market and lead/participate in project meetings and conference calls with clients, developers, EPCs, and plan checkers.
• 5+ years of experience providing structural calculations, reviews, and stamps in telecom, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in solar
• Active Structural Engineering license, minimum requirements Texas and California
• Experience with estimating and managing the commercial aspects of engineering
• Deep knowledge of PV system components such as modules, racking, inverters, and BOS
• Expertise in building code requirements (IBC & IRC) and seismic/live loads (wind, snow, etc.)
• Sense of urgency for goal achievement and the ability to complete varied activities with multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Entrepreneurial with a problem-solving orientation, open to innovative operating models, and ability to make sound decisions in response to changing conditions.
• Communication - Displays interpersonal solid skills during communication and collaboration with others. Confidently delivers high-quality and polished customer presentations.
• Experience supervising work done in remote locations
• Goal-oriented, driven to meet goals in a motivated and self-directed way with limited supervision
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the country’s largest national independent services company that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO/Holidays, and a company-matching 401(k) Retirement plan.
For immediate consideration, please submit your most current resume.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pearce Services is a drug-free company. Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
At PEARCE SERVICES, we've got a career for you. Join the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom and network infrastructure, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), EV charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1,800 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique locations nationwide, Pearce provides a comprehensive service experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and renewable energy services and expertise. Pearce’s broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provide an excellent home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Services at www.Pearce-Services.com and www.Pearce-Renewables.com.